Saturday 15 August 2009

It's a start

1972

Like a lot of people my memories are connected to songs. At first, I was influenced by radio (I listened to Radio Luxembourg under the covers at night) and Top of the Pops and Magpie on telly. My important school years were played out to Slade, Sweet, Status Quo, Alice Cooper, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and David Bowie. There was other stuff as well, but these were the main ones. I didn't know at that time that some of this was called "Glam Rock". I loved the heavier Slade stuff from an early age. I was in love with Brian Connolly, and this was also the period when I realised I "fancied" men with long long hair but not the makeup thing

Slade
Look Wot You Dun (1972)
Take Me Back 'Ome (1972)
Mama Weer All Crazee Now (1972)
Gudbuy to Jane (1972)
Cum on Feel the Noize (1973)
Skweeze Me Pleeze Me (1973)
My Friend Stan (1973)
Merry Xmas Everybody (1973)
Everyday (1973)
The Bangin' Man (1973)
Far Far Away (1974)
How Does it Feel (1975)
Thanks For the Memory (Wham Bam Thank You Mam)(1975)
In For A Penny (1975)
Let's Call It Quits (1976)
Nobody's Fool (1976)
Gypsy Road Hog (1977)
Burning in the Heat of Love (1977)
My Baby Left Me - That's All Right (1977)

Sweet
Poppa Joe (1972)
Little Willy (1972)
Wig Wam Bam (1972)
Block Buster (1973)
Hellraiser/Burning (1973)
Ballroom Blitz/Rock & Roll Disgrace (1973)
Teenage Rampage (1974)
Fox On The Run/Miss Demeanour (1975)

On the telly in 1972

I watched The Clangers, Crackerjack, Jackanory, Lizzie Dripping and the Witch, Arabel and Mortimer, Blue Peter, Top of the Pops, Magpie, Doctor Who, The Goodies, Dad's Army, On The Buses, Randall & Hopkirk, Steptoe and Son, The Fenn Street Gang, Monty Python, Dixon of Dock Green, Jason King, McMillan & Wife, The Two Ronnies, Morecambe & Wise, Columbo, Hawaii Five-O, Star Trek, Are You Being Served?, Z Cars, The Liver Birds, Benny Hill

Before and into 1972 ... I watched ... Watch With Mother, Andy Pandy, The Woodentops, Mary Mungo and Midge, Pogles' Wood, The Flower Pot Men, Camberwick Green, Trumpton, Tales of the Riverbank, The Herbs, Bod, Noggin the Nog, Bleep and Booster, Pinky and Perky, Playschool, the Casey Jones TV series at Saturday morning picures, Space Cadettes, The Flintstones, Elvis films, Here Come the Double Deckers, Banana Splits, Zorro (TV series), The Flashing Blade, White Horses, Animal Magic, The Magic Roundabout, Pollyanna, Anne of Green Gables, The Monkees, Timeslip, The Saint, The Avengers, The Champions, Family at War, The Sullivans, Peyton Place, The Likely Lads, Please Sir, It's a Knockout and Je Sans Frontiers!, Saturday Night at the London Palladium, The Golden Shot (Bernie the bolt)

It was 1972 and I was aged 10 !!

*****

now, I'm all grown up and working as an artist

the reason for this blog is that, recently, I've been struggling with my head. I'm still 18 going on 27 and I still look young and feel young and I want to get back to how I was back then and metal still does it for me! When I listen to my heavy metal, when I hear certain songs, a voice, I'm back there ...

I love to talk about music, and the powerful memories and emotions of going to gigs, being in love and living for heavy rock and metal music ... a Saturday blog ...

are you in your forties and struggling with your head thing?
do you love metal and rock music from the 70's and 80's?

I still have very long head banging hair

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice to know you're out there ...
THANKS FOR YOUR VISIT!
Miss Heavy Metal