Saturday 26 September 2009

There's a Rainbow Rising ...

1976

I had the most hideous purple lace shirt with big roundy collars, although in 1976 I didn't think it was hideous I thought I was the bees knees ... but surely not with a hand knitted tank top ... ? For formalwear I wore long skirts with boots, shirts done up at the neck with boot lace ties, an early influence from Top of the Pops I think ... don't ask!! It looked cool on Phil Lynott anyway, not the skirt thing, you know ... the boot lace tie thing .........

Around this time I started wearing denim jackets and being able to sew came in really handy because I was able to take my jeans right in on the leg (really tight)

I listened to Rainbow Rising - who didn't have this album in 1976?
















and I got these ... Rush's 2112 and Black Sabbath's We Sold Our Soul for Rock n Roll

































as well as Black Sabbath - Technical Ecstasy (hard to say), Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains the Same, (Peter) Frampton Comes Alive, The Eagles' Hotel California, The Eagles' Greatest Hits, Rush 2112, Wings - At the Speed of Sound and lots more (too many to name) but these were the influencial ones for me ...

and OK ... nostalgic time ... a few for the road ...
I liked and still like all of these singles from 1976:

Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back in Town
Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak
Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear The Reaper (yes I know it's got uumlauts, I took the quiz)
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (but these days it has to be in the car with a paper bag)
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Free Bird
Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
The Four Seasons - December 1963 (Oh, What A Night)
Pussycat - Mississippi
Bob Dylan - Hurricane
Rod Stewart - The Killing of Georgie
and this one will kill ya - Rodrigo's Guitar Concerto (Concerto De Aranjuez) - Manuel and His Music of the Mountains (because it was the coolest album my Dad owned)

On the telly in 1976

Sadly, we lost the great Sid James in 1976

I watched ..... The Sweeney, The Good Life, Starsky & Hutch, Top of the Pops, The Old Grey Whistle Test, Fawlty Towers, The Goodies, Magic Roundabout, Doctor Who, Paddington, Rentaghost, Man About The House, George and Mildred, Carry On movies, Are You Being Served, Dad's Army, This is your Life and probably lots more I've forgotten about but will try to remember ...
















Once again it's cool to be self sufficient!

It was 1976 and I was aged 14 !!

myspace backgrounds images
Wasn't able to blog last week - I just didn't get time

This week I've been to see Sin Pusher - a heavy HEAVY cover band (Allman Brothers, Jimi Hendrix, Robin Trower, Black Sabbath, ZZ Top) with lots of big big hair and banter. Confessing to three pints of bitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice to know you're out there ...
THANKS FOR YOUR VISIT!
Miss Heavy Metal